Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Restaurant Review -- Sweet P's Barbeque and Soul House, Knoxville, Tennessee

I had lunch last week at Sweet P's Barbeque and Soul House, 3725 Maryville Pike, Knoxville, Tennessee, at Willow Point Marina at the Knox/Blount County line. I have heard a lot about the place, especially after it was on Man v. Food. Although their specialty is barbecue, I was there on meatloaf day, and since I used to love Kiger's meat loaf sandwich from the restaurant that used to occupy that space, I had Sweet P's smoked meatloaf with 'tater salad and mac and cheese as sides.

I got the mac and cheese for Sarah, who turned her picky little nose up at it, but I loved it. (The kid would have preferred the Kraft stuff out of the box.) The meatloaf was delicious and wonderfully spicy, and the potato salad was very fresh and reminded me of my grandmother's, which is high praise. As you would expect from a marina restaurant, it was pricey at $12.02 for one meal and two drinks, but they don't send you away hungry.