Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Piling Up

Sherry got up briefly a couple of hours ago, looked outside and reported that it was snowing. I just got up about a half an hour ago, and the snow is piling up at our place in Maryville and just about everywhere else in Tennessee. I checked the TDOT traffic cameras this morning, and there is snow on interstates in Memphis, Nashville and Knoxville, and school systems are shut down across the state. Sarah and Jake and Joey are all out of school today, and Blount County government closes when Sarah's school system (City of Maryville) does, so our office will be closed this morning. I suspect the doctors for whom Sherry works will close for the day as well.

It is continuing to snow as I type. I've seen a few vehicles moving about on East Broadway Avenue and Lincoln Road from our perch on Everett Hill, but I doubt our cars will leave the driveway today.