Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our Fall Break Begins In Nashville


Our fall break trip to New Orleans began with a weekend in Nashville. I attended my first meeting of the Tennessee Bar Association House of Delegates a week ago Friday, while Sherry and Sarah met Grams for lunch at Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q. Two of my law school classmates are Delegates, and I really enjoyed catching up with both of them. I took the above photograph of the William R. Snodgrass Tennessee Tower, where I worked when I was an Assistant General Counsel at the Tennessee Department of Children's Services, while we were driving around downtown before the meeting.



The Tennessee State Capitol Building has a statue of Major General Andrew Jackson on its grounds. An identical statue is the central point of Jackson Square in New Orleans.



We took a short drive on the Natchez Trace Parkway on Saturday morning, and spied a doe and drove on the double arch bridge before watching Jake and Joey compete in a cross country track event.