Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Restaurant Review -- Snappy's, White Bluff, Tennessee

On my way to the clerks conference a couple of weeks ago I stopped for lunch at Snappy's, a pizza and sandwich shop at 4514 Highway 70 East in White Bluff, Tennessee. It is on the left as you head west from Nashville to Dickson on Highway 70 in White Bluff, which is a small town, so it is hard to miss. The window had an advertisement for lasagna, which I ordered for lunch. It was served with a salad and cheese and garlic toast, and it was good, though the server admitted she warmed it in a microwave. I also ordered their spicy Italian sub to take with me to the inn for supper, and it was quite good, though I should have skipped on the oil and vinegar, which rendered it a bit soggy after it sat until supper time. My bill was $19.17, which included tip and iced tea. I would definitely order a sub there again, but would probably pass on the lasagna because of the microwave.

I entered the restaurant about thirty minutes before the opening time in the window because the "open" sign was on and the door was unlocked. They waited on me before opening time, which I thought was pretty cool. There is another restaurant, Snappy's Pizza, at 580 Highway 70 in Pegram, which I also passed. I don't know if both restaurants are owned and/or operated by the same folks, or not, but I'll probably try the other Snappy's on my way to a future conference.