Sunday, May 31, 2015

Weekend So Far

When I wake up in the morning, one of my first tasks is to feed the cats. I feed Emma downstairs, and yesterday morning I noticed her looking at the wall on the other side of our basement refrigerator. I looked to see what she was staring at, and saw a raccoon peering out from this hole. The house used to have a coal furnace in the basement, and the hole is where the stovepipe once connected to the chimney. Apparently, the beast came in through the chimney.
He quickly disappeared back into the chimney behind the wall, and we called city animal control. I spoke to a nice officer who told me I could come to the city animal shelter and pick up this trap, which he directed me to set last night and bait with canned tuna. Unfortunately, the raccoon did not take the bait. Later this morning I will call again for further instructions.

My sister Leslie took our niece Grace up to Pigeon Forge Friday night, and they stayed at the Margaritaville Island Hotel. The pool sure looks inviting.
We attended a wedding yesterday evening at our friends' farm on Montvale Road. We arrived several hours early to assist in preparation, which included gathering wildflowers.
Sherry poses with one of the dozen or so baby chicks they are nurturing to one day live in the henhouse outside.
They decorated their barn to serve supper after the ceremony. It was very nice, and a fun gathering.