Sunday, June 28, 2015

Bionic Steve


The rain clouds have cleared out, and we have an absolutely beautiful summer day to enjoy this Sunday. My spaghetti sauce and lasagna cooking went well, although the fresh mushrooms I bought for the sauce had gone bad. Luckily, we had canned mushrooms, and I returned the bad batch to the grocery store this morning. Sherry has gone out to lunch with some friends, and I have a pork tenderloin to grill for supper this afternoon. It has been marinating in Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and Tiger seasoning since this morning.

I am scheduled for cataract surgery on my left eye tomorrow morning at 8:15 a.m., and have been instructed by my surgeon to apply a variety of eye drops in preparation for the surgery. The cataract has become more problematic in recent years. For example, it is difficult to drive in the dark because of the refraction of the street lights and headlights off the cataract. From what I understand, he will take out the bad part of the lens and install a prosthetic which will improve my nearsightedness in that eye. I will have a bionic left eye, just like Colonel Austin. Fortunately, it will not cost six million dollars.