Monday, June 29, 2015

Cataract Surgery Complete


My cataract surgery only took about an hour this morning, and I am back home from Knoxville now and under doctor's orders to recover at home today. They did not put me under, so I was awake for the procedure. The doctor operated on me for about ten minutes or so, and what I saw was a bright light he asked me to look into, and a swirl of colors, mainly light reds and blues until the new prosthetic lens was in place. When I was first able to distinguish objects with my left eye, everything looked a bit pink, and the nurses joked that they'd given me the proverbial rose-colored glasses. It cleared up after a couple of minutes, but my vision is still a bit blurry in my left eye, which they said to expect. I wore my Big Ed's Pizza T-shirt today, and had everyone in the operating room talking about the wonderful pizza there and hopefully inspired them to make the trip to Oak Ridge for some of our area's best pizza. I have an appointment with the surgeon first thing tomorrow morning so that he can inspect his handiwork and give me further instructions.