Monday, February 1, 2016

Blue Pontiac Executive

When my sisters and I were kids Grandmother Ogle drove a blue Pontiac Executive like the one pictured above, and when Grandmother and Granddaddy came to visit us that was the car they drove. Granddaddy, a wholesale grocer, traveled to see his customers in and around Franklin County in a Ford Fairlane, which evokes memories of fishing trips in my mind. The blue Executive brings to mind road trips to Florida and to various places up north like Boston, Philadelphia, Gettysburg, New York City, Niagara Falls, Toronto and Gloucester, Massachusetts. We loved to see that car pull in the driveway with our grandparents and all the wonderful goodies they inevitably unloaded, almost always in including a pecan pie or two and usually coconut cake or apricot nectar cake to boot. If they came for Christmas, that car was like Santa's sleigh.

If I had $10,000.00 to throw around I'd buy one.