Saturday, February 13, 2016

Winter Weekend

We had some decent snowfall yesterday morning, and there's still a bit of snow on the ground, although the streets are clear. Meteorologists predict more winter weather moving in Sunday evening through Monday, so we're bracing for another batch before it warms up again. I'm ready for spring.

Sherry and Sarah just left to go out to lunch with our neighbors. I have a pot of spaghetti sauce on the stove I need to mind, and I'm still pretty full from breakfast. I plan to make lasagna, and we'll have enough spaghetti sauce left after that to enjoy over spaghetti squash. I tried the girls out on spaghetti squash the last time I made sauce, and they both really liked it, somewhat to my surprise (especially Sarah, who tends to be a picky eater). Tomorrow I plan to cook some Senate bean soup for Mom in our pressure cooker with the hock from the Honey Baked ham she bought for Christmas. I have two of them in the freezer downstairs, and will make a batch of soup for myself eventually.