Saturday, September 10, 2016

Getting Ready for Conference

I will be traveling next week for my fall clerks conference at Montgomery Bell State Park, so we are having another weekend enjoying home. I like the conferences and always benefit from what I learn at them, but I start getting homesick for my womenfolk before I even leave. I usually try and get a little bit of hiking in at the park in the mornings, and I have some good reading material to occupy the time that isn't spent in class. Montgomery Bell is only about forty minutes from where we used to live in Bellevue on the west side of Nashville, and it was our most convenient campground, so it is very familiar, especially since I've been staying at the inn there every fall since 2009.

We don't have much in the way of plans, although Leslie said she might come pick up Sarah tomorrow to take her to the fair or the mall. I will probably start staging gear for my trip and doing whatever chores I can this weekend before I leave.