Monday, December 26, 2016

Meatloaf Recipe

Back in the early 1990's, I clipped a meatloaf recipe out of The Daily Times, our local newspaper, because it was similar to the meatloaf Dad made for us when he took over the household cooking when Mom went back to college. I've tweaked it a bit over the years, but not much. Mom asked for it the other day, and I was surprised to learn I've never posted it here before, so now is the time.

MEATLOAF

1.5 pounds ground chuck
3/4 cup oatmeal
7 oz. jar pimientos
3/4 cup chopped onion (or one packet instant French onion soup)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (I use Lea & Perrins)
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees, and mix ingredients in large bowl. Shape into loaf on broiler pan lined with parchment paper, and bake 50 to 60 minutes until 160 degrees inside. Let it stand for 5 minutes before slicing to serve.