Saturday, January 21, 2017

Home for the Weekend

After traveling last weekend, we are going to enjoy a restful weekend at home this weekend. We have had unseasonably warm temperatures all week, and it is around 50 degrees this morning, so I'm going to begin my day with a trip to the recycling center to empty out our garage after the holidays, which tend to generate a lot of recycling. I have a few items to pick up at the grocery store, but I won't have much since I bought a big load of groceries on Monday to stock us up. I have a couple of ham hocks leftover from Honeybaked hams we had over the holidays, so I think I'm going to make a batch of Senate bean soup to have on hand for lunches. We are expecting rain for the weekend, beginning later this morning, so I need to get a move on to get my errands done before it starts. It will be a good weekend for domestic activities.