Saturday, April 15, 2017

Early Easter Feast

The celebration of Easter in my family has always required a midday feast, usually conducted on Easter Sunday. This year, we are having ours today at our house, and I put a turkey in the oven at 6:00 a.m. It is a 22 pound bird, and my cookbook says that will take about 7 hours, so I'm hoping it can come out of the oven at 1:00 p.m. and be served at 2:00 p.m., which is what we are shooting for. Mom bought a Honey Baked ham and a gluten-free carrot cake from Lambert's Pie Shop. Les is making her craisin and feta salad and cheese peas, and Laura is bringing some potato salad.

Yesterday I filled up a bunch of plastic Easter eggs with coins and candy, and I'm going to distributed them into our yard at dawn for Sarah and Grace to have an Easter egg hunt this afternoon. I also boiled some eggs and have die for the kids to color Easter eggs, though the eggs will quickly be broken open for deviled eggs.