Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Visit to the Tennessee Medieval Faire in Harriman

Yesterday Sherry and I took Sarah and her friend Grace to the Tennessee Medieval Faire in Harriman. I've been to other such events, which I generically call Renfests, near Nashville, Charlotte and Atlanta, and Harriman's is relatively new. I think they've been there for three years or so. They do a good job of it, but their village watchman is kind of tough.
We got there just in time for jousting, and after the performance they invited the crowd up to pet the horses.

Fortunately, we got some of the seating in the shade, because it was around 85 degrees out. A nice breeze made it better.
I tried my hand at jousting while I was there. It did not go well. Fortunately, there was a high level cleric on hand to revive me.