Saturday, May 13, 2017

Nashville Clerks Conference

I attended the spring clerks conference in Nashville this week, and this was the view from my hotel room in the Metro Center area of Nashville, where my office was during the last three years we lived there. I made a plan to eat at Kebab Gyros, one of our favorite Nashville restaurants, and it was wonderful, as it always is. I also had a meal at the Gerst Haus, which I only visited once before. I had the Black Forest schweine schnitzel, which is fun to say and even better to eat. Frankly, I could have made two meals out of what they served me, but instead I went to the conference filled with schnitzel.

As far as the conference itself, as usual they imparted a lot of useful information aimed at helping us all run our offices well. I always enjoy the fellowship with my fellow clerks from all across the state. I always see some of our East Tennessee clerks when I am at conference, but over the years I've gotten to know a lot more clerks from all across the state. I had an enjoyable conference, but it is nice to be home!